Uploading Decent Quality Photos with iPhoto
For some reason iPhoto has decided not to upload good quality photos to Facebook anymore…
Here is my work around.
- In iPhoto, highlight the photos you wish to upload
- Click File >> Export
- Change the file size to 700px
- Ensure format PNG is selected and export to a folder on your desktop
- Now open Facebook and click add photo
- Browse to your desktop folder that contain the exported photos that are now 700px in size
- Select all your photos at once using the Ctrl button
- Select upload in high quality
For reliability do not tag anyone until after you have uploaded the album succesfully.
If it fails go back in the browser and re-submit. I have uploaded about 90 high res photos at a time with this method no problem.
WALA! You should retain high quality images without too much effort to do so.